RYLA Participant Information
1. Check-in: Sunday from 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Check-out: Wednesday before the closing ceremonies at 6:00 p.m.
2. Students stay two to a room in rooms having twin beds. Bathrooms are community style. Male and female participants stay in different dorm buildings. There will be a lost key charge of $25.00.
3. All participants must bring bed linens, pillows, blankets or a sleeping bag, wash cloth, towel, alarm clock, and personal toiletries. William Woods will not provide these items.
4. Students are not allowed to transport themselves to, or from, the Academy.
5. No electronic devices may be used during sessions unless allowed by team counselors. Use of devices during free time is allowed.
6. All meals are provided for the students, including a meal Sunday evening after arrival. You may also bring personal snacks for break times and before bed.
7. Students are required to stay for the entire Academy. The curriculum is designed to build on each successive activity, culminating in a fully developed service leader. Leaving early diminishes the training experience for the student, and their team.
8. Optional items to bring: camera, sports equipment, books, card games. There will be optional early morning exercise if you would like to participate. There are tennis courts available if you are interested but you will need to bring your own racquets and tennis balls.
9. The Missouri RYLA Academy or William Woods University will not be held responsible for the loss or theft of personal items or electronic devices brought to the academy by participants.
Comfortable, casual attire for daily wear including tennis shoes. We ask out of respect for others, that you bring school-appropriate clothing. Business casual or dress attire for the closing ceremonies on Wednesday night.